Sunday, May 15, 2011

Two Month Old Tomato Plants


The seeds that I used, Yellow Pear and Rainbow Heirloom Mix.  Both by Ed Hume Seeds.
On May 9, 2011, I began bringing the tomato plants outdoors during the day to begin their acclimatization to living outside.  The day time temperatures have been in the mid 50s to mid 60s.  The night time temperatures are still below normal for this time of year so I have been bringing them back inside during the night.


Here is how they looked in a photo that I took yesterday on May 14, 2011.  They have grown significantly and are acclimating well.  I am planning on giving them one more week of staying outside during the day and coming inside at night and then leaving them outside both day and night for the rest of the month.  June 1, 2011, is when I plan to plant them outside in the area prepared for them.  Let's hope the weather will improve and I will have continued success!


Next post:  Growing lettuce in containers

1 comment:

  1. Ed Hume is like an old family friend. Gram always chose his seeds and advice.

    ReplyDelete